Fire & Ice Festival is Back in Downtown Rochester!
• The free and family-friendly Fire & Ice Festival returns to Downtown Rochester Jan. 20-21, 2023
• Axe throwing is the new event this year and myths and legends is the ice sculpture theme.
• Oakland County Parks & Recreation will provide fun, weather-appropriate activities.
Rochester, MI, January 9, 2023 - The Fire & Ice Festival returns to Downtown Rochester after a two-year hiatus with an exciting new event – axe throwing. Admission to the festival, which runs Jan. 20-21, is free thanks to presenting sponsor Vibe Credit Union and other sponsors.
“The Fire & Ice Festival is a fun-filled opportunity to get out of the house, even in the depths of winter, to enjoy some fresh air and regain a sense of community,” Oakland County Executive Dave Coulter said. “The event attracts thousands of people from across the region to get a taste of how joyful and active winter can really be.”
This year’s ice sculpting theme is myths and legends. Glistening ice sculptures will line Main Street along with the Big, Bright Light Show and its rainbow of colors. Plus, there will be an ice carving contest on Saturday morning. Spectacular fireworks will fill the sky thanks to sponsors Soave Enterprises and DFCU Financial. There will also be marshmallow roasting at the firepits along with the sumptuous TasteFest food and beer tent and food trucks.
Enjoy the Creative Ice Sculptures Lining Main Street!
Oakland County Parks and Recreation will bring out its rock-climbing wall and other fun activities because the long-term forecast predicts temperatures will remain above freezing leading up to and through the festival. These events will replace any winter activities which require lower temperatures.
Other activities include Oakland County Animal Shelter and Pet Adoption Center’s tent where festival goers may adopt dogs or renew or purchase dog licenses; the Rochester Fire Department spaghetti dinners to support Rochester Area Youth Assistance; face painting, cornhole, and music on the stage.
FIRE & ICE FESTIVAL HOURS
Friday, Jan 20: 5pm to 9pm
Saturday, Jan 21: 10am to 9pm
Fireworks: 8pm both Friday and Saturday
FIRE & ICE FESTIVAL LOCATION
The festival site is at Third and Water streets in downtown Rochester. Parking is available at Buffalo Wild Wings at 1234 Walton in Rochester. There will be a free shuttle running between the restaurant and the festival.
Ice Sculpture Map!
1. Oakland Animal Hospital (180 E. 2nd)
2. Chomp Deli (200 Main)
3. Resale Connection (204 Main)
4. Belissima Bridal (234 Main)
5. Rochester Chop House (306 Main)
6. Lucido Fine Jewelry (312 Main)
7. O’Connor’s Public House (324 Main)
8. Dessert Oasis (336 Main)
9. Lytle Pharmacy (340 Main)
10. Spice & Tea Exchange (120 E. 4th)
11. Smith Jewelers (406 Main)
12. South Street Skateshop (410 Main)
13. Reiki Euphoria (414 Main)
14. Sumo Sushi (418 Main)
15. The Ski Co. (430 Main)
16. @ Home Furniture (434 Main)
17. Rochester Hills Public Library (500 Olde Towne Road)
18. Sargent Appliance (600 N. Main)
19. Colburn McDonald & Associates (807 N. Main)
20. Rochester Medical Center (543 N. Main)
21. Rochester Wealth Strategies (439 Main)
22. WHOO Upscale Resale for a Cause (435 Main)
23. The Funky Frog (433 Main)
24. DDA’s Downtown Collaboration Studio (431 Main)
25. City Tavern (423 Main)
26. The Blake Team (411 Main)
27. The Stewart Team (405 Main)
28. Envoy Mortgage (120 W. 4th)
29. Rochester Corner Bar (124 W. 4th)
30. Hibachi House (335 Main)
31. Downtown Tarot (331 Main)
32. Kruse & Muer (327 Main)
33. Janet Varner (321 Main)
34. Haig’s of Rochester (311 Main)
35. The Meeting House (301 Main)
36. Main Street Billiards (215 Main)
37. Front Door Medspa (211 Walnut Blvd)
38. Too Ra Loo (139 Main)
39. Rochester Laser Center (119 Main)
LIVE CARVINGS: Friday, January 20, 6pm to 8pm at:
Rochester Mills Beer Co. 400 Water Street
E. Third Street
For more information, go to www.OakGov.com/FireAndIce or on Facebook at FireAndIce.
County Executive Coulter, the Fire & Ice Festival Committee, Oakland County, Oakland County Parks and Recreation, the City of Rochester, and Downtown Rochester thank this year’s presenting sponsor Vibe Credit Union; fireworks sponsors Soave Enterprises and DFCU Financial; TasteFest sponsor Rochester Mills Beer Co.; ice carving contest sponsor Consumers Energy; pet adoption tent sponsors Byer’s Wrecker and Premier Pet Supply; fire sponsor Perspire Sauna Studio; search light sponsor Oxford Bank; and shuttle sponsor Buffalo Wild Wings.
January 14, 2023, Oakland County Parks and Recreation and Rochester.Life